Phase 1 – Introduction to Computer Sciences and How to teach CS through Scratch
This one day course will be run on a Saturday to facilitate teachers and principals to travel and give the attendees the tools, skills and confidence to:
- Implement computing and coding in their classroom.
- For those that are already delivering computing and coding, this course will provide a full syllabus to allow teachers to expand their current skills portfolio.
- Training and resources will align with the Strand-1 of the JC Short Coding Course. Roadmap provided.
What will be covered?
- Presentation (Overview of Workshop)
- Resources – YouTube for Education & Educational Website Usage.
- How to keep your Laptops and PC clean and safe.
- Anti-Virus SW, Updates, Disk Clean-up, What are the elements of your laptop.
- Discuss ‘Short Course Coding – Specification for Junior Cycle’
- Discuss how to align material with department specification requirements.
- Computing – OS, HW, & SW. Computing and Coding through CS Unplugged (Paper Exercises).
- Introduction to HTML & CSS (Overview)
- Introduction to Python. (Overview)
Off-Site: This one day programme will cost €150 per attendee and will be payable through Eventbrite or by direct online payment. This one day course will be run on a Saturday to facilitate teachers and principals to travel and give the attendees the tools, skills, and confidence to:
In-House: We travel to you and delivery to as many staff as you wish, for a quotation on an In-house option please forward quotation request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Time: 10:30 to 15:30
To get the most from the day you will need to download the following programmes onto your laptop:
Scratch 2.0 Offline, Notepad++ & Python all are available free from HERE
Locations: Venue: Dates: Day:
Dublin Talbot Hotel Stillorgan 13th October 2018 Saturday
To Book Click Completed
Wexford Talbot Hotel 19th June 2019 Saturday
To Book Click Here
We are continuously receiving inquiries about the next upcoming Phase 1 workshop. This will be scheduled based on demand. If you are interested please forward an email to email@example.com stating your location of preference. Limerick, Cork or Dublin.