Transition Year Courses from Computingatschools.ie – Online Teacher – We Zoom to You!
Part of our services is the delivery of courses to secondary level students. These bespoke courses greatly enhance problem-solving, interpersonal and self-directional skills helping students succeed in their future careers. They also aim to increase awareness and encourage interest in the field of Computer Science and Business. These courses are mainly targeted at Transition Year students and aim to give the students an overview of the subject area to enhance their awareness and therefore aid their college course selection. We have developed 11 courses which are as follows, as each of these courses is bespoke they can be tailored to your school’s requirements with respect to length and course depth.
- Introduction to programming through Scratch
- HTML/CSS Development
- Digital Media Literacy (+ Understand Fake News) & HTML/CSS
- Web Strategies
- Introduction to Python Programming
- Introduction to Computer Science – Computing & Coding
- Online and Social Media Safety
The above programmes can be tailored to suit each schools requirement based on lengthen and budget.
- Law Module – (Full Day Programme)
- Strategic Management – (Full Day Programme)
- Business for Beginners – (Full Day Programme)
- Social Media (Business) for Beginners – (Full Day Programme)
- Entrepreneurship – (Full Day Programme)
- Innovation – (Full Day Programme)
We have had an excellent uptake rate to date particularly for Transition Year Students. We offer discounts to schools who uptake 2 of these courses. These courses can be implemented within any term of the school year.
The skills demand for ICT talent is a global one. By 2025, it is estimated that there will be a shortage of up to 864,000 ICT professionals across the EU and the European Economic Area (EEA).
Ireland is likely to face an average increase in demand for high-level ICT skills of around 5% a year out to 2023 with the employment of ICT professionals anticipated to rise to just over 91,000.
(DES, ICT Skills Action Plan 2023)
Duration: Programmes can be tailored to suit any year (most applicable TY Students) module length and material used is flexible.
If you have any questions or queries please contact Mr. Trevor Murphy MSc Teacher Council Registration No:207110 – Head of Training and Development at 087-6873933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org