Strand 1 JC Short Coding Course – Introduction to Computer Sciences and how to teach CS through Scratch.
This one day course will be run on a Saturday to facilitate teachers and principals to travel and give the attendees the tools, skills and confidence to:
- Implement computing and coding in their classroom.
- For those that are already delivering computing and coding, this course will provide a full syllabus to allow teachers to expand their current skills portfolio.
- Training and resources will align with the Strand-1 of the JC Short Coding Course. Roadmap provided.
What will be covered?
- Presentation (Overview of Workshop)
- Resources – YouTube for Education & Educational Website Usage.
- How to keep your Laptops and PC clean and safe.
- Anti-Virus SW, Updates, Disk Clean-up, What are the elements of your laptop.
- Discuss ‘Short Course Coding – Specification for Junior Cycle’
- Discuss how to align material with department specification requirements.
- Computing – OS, HW, & SW. Computing and Coding through CS Unplugged (Paper Exercises).
- Introduction to HTML & CSS (Overview)
- Introduction to Python. (Overview)
Off-Site: This one day programme will cost €175 per attendee and will be payable through Eventbrite or by direct online payment. This one day course will be run on a Saturday to facilitate teachers and principals to travel and give the attendees the tools, skills, material and confidence to:
In-House: We travel to you and delivery to as many staff as you wish, for a quotation on an In-house option please forward quotation request to email@example.com
Time: 10:30 to 15:30
To get the most from the day you will need to download the following programmes onto your laptop:
Scratch 2.0 Offline, Notepad++ & Python all are available free from HERE
Locations: Venue: Dates: Day:
Dublin Talbot Hotel Stillorgan 28th September 2019 Saturday
To Book Click HERE
We are continuously receiving inquiries about the next upcoming Phase 1 workshop. This will be scheduled based on demand. If you are interested please forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your location of preference. Limerick, Cork or Dublin.