Phase 2 – An Introduction to HTML & CSS Post-Primary Workshop
This one day course will be run on a Saturday to facilitate teachers and principals to travel and give the attendees the tools, skills, material and confidence to:
- Implement HTML & CSS in their classroom.
- For those that are already delivering HTML & CSS, this course will provide a full syllabus to allow teachers to expand their current skills portfolio.
- Align teachers with training/resources and also provide a roadmap for the delivery of the Strand-2 of the JC Short Coding Course.
What will be covered?
- How to use Notepad++, Sublime Text 3 & Trinket.
- Understanding how website work.
- Understanding the difference between The Internet & The Web.
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP), what is it? what does it do?
- Introduction to HTML & CSS.
- Developing Web pages.
- Syllabus navigation & exploration.
- Exploring useful HTML & CSS websites.
New JC Short Coding Course Specifies – Phase 2
- 2.1 Discuss the basic concepts underlying the internet
- 2.2 Describe how data is transported on the internet and how computers communicate and cooperate through a protocol
- 2.3 Explain how search engines deliver results
- 2.4 Build a website using HTML and CSS to showcase their learning
- 2.5 Explain how computers represent data using 1’s and 0’s
- 2.6 Investigate how drawings and photos are represented in computing devices
- 2.7 Identify a topic or a challenge in computer science that inspires them
- 2.8 Conduct research on the topic/challenge
- 2.9 Present a proposal for discussion and reflect on feedback
- 2.10 Convince their peers that an idea is worthwhile
Off-Site: This one day programme will cost €175 per attendee and will be payable through Eventbrite or by direct online payment. This one day course will be run on a Saturday to facilitate teachers and principals to travel and give the attendees the tools, skills, and confidence to:
In-House: We travel to you and delivery to as many staff as you wish, for a quotation on an In-house option please forward quotation request to firstname.lastname@example.org
To get the most from the day you will need to download the following programmes onto your laptop:
Notepad++ & Sublime Text 3 all are available free from HERE
Locations: Venue: Dates: Day:
Dublin Stillorgan Talbot Hotel 19th October 2019 Saturday
To Book Click Here
We are continuously receiving inquiries about the next upcoming Strand 2 workshop. This will be scheduled based on demand. If you are interested please forward an email to email@example.com stating your location of preference. Wexford, Limerick, Cork or Dublin.